Tuesday, October 14, 2008

how to blog...with a boring life

Here is the deal... I'm not in Europe any more. I'm not having kids right now and I don't have anything to write about that is related to me. But all the good blogs don't really use I and me, however they keep posting. Most great speakers don't have to say I and me to get across a personal message. In fact it is quite the opposite. So before you get board, we'll get going.

We've all had days like this. You can't escape them. The question at hand is " Was this kid trying to take a bath or go Number 2?". If you look at the picture, the bath tub is full of junk. The other question is how did this event transpire. I find it hard to believe the kid was smiling on the toilet and then right before mom pressed the button, he switched to a terror stricken helpless cry. What kind of parent doesn't run to this kid to help...AND there is a good chance mom or dad ran to get the camera when they saw what happened. Either way...you gotta feel bad for him.

Regardless how it went down this kid has been somewhat immortalized by an event, that more than likely was beyond his control. AND this picture while traveling the Internet will probably resurface when junior here is a late teen trying to be cool in front of his girlfriend who is meeting his parents for the first time. AND his face will turn as RED as it is in the picture.

The thing is God sees us, as we are. He shares his love when we are in the toilet, having one of those days, or wondering why me. My wife's favorite verse is in 2nd Corinthians. It says...

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

I think it's applicable

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the other hand he might be well deserving of this picture! You'll see. :)

Seriously, great point. God stands ready to rescue and clean us up.