Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our trip, Our Vacation, and Mission

Ok, here goes Erin said we can't have kids till we go to Europe... I said aight lets go. A year late we are here. The flight was long and the sleep schedule is shook to pieces but I'm good and spirits are high. We just finished our first day in Athens, atop the Acropolis, through the Plaka, up Mar's Hill, throughout the Agora, looking at the Parthenon, and all on a bagel and juice. I have learn two things from traveling with Erin: Small suprizes are better than big ones and I enjoy her enjoyment more than my own experiences. Her being happy, her amazement brings me pure joy.

We sat atop Mars Hill listening to a Great Song(that I think is called "This City") It says "There is know one like our God" and the chorus say" greater thing have yet to come Greater thing are still to be done in this City." All I could think about was Paul standing infront of scholars and philosphers and the governing men of Athens saying " Men of Athens" this unknown God is the God everything, he sent his son, and as great as this city is there is still more to come. What greater things are yet to come. What are you called too? Will God say to you Greater things have yet to come great things are still to be done in you. I'm asking God for courage to be the father and husband he wants me to be. How about you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you guys got there and are already having great experiences. I love that even on such little sleep you are experiencing God in such a real way. Soak it in and keep reflecting on the world through God's eyes. I love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I know you will be an awesome father and you will keep our Father close to you as you make the decisions for your family. Have a wonderful time and take every wonderful experience with you. Remember those feelings you are having so when you share them with your children, they will want to experience them with you one day.
I love you,
Karen Sharp

Unknown said...

so...the song is called "God of this city" written and originally recorded by a band called bluetree. made famous, though, by tomlin at passion.

ok......now that i've got you straight on that......come home already!